Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The very best of Mexico!
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed and chopped
- 1 serrano chili, seeds and ribs removed and chopped
- 78.07 ml red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 78.07 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 177.44 ml fresh lime juice
- 177.44 ml fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tblsp of salt to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain the shrimp and cut in half or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Mix in the onions, tomatoes and chilis and refrigerate another 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Add the cilantro, cucumber and avocado. Spoon into individual serving dishes - I use cocktail glasses - and serve.