Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have seen this recipe both in Vegetarian Times magazine and on the Food Network website (it was on $40 a Day). It is one of the best things I have ever eaten! Everyone I've ever served it to has loved it, too. The last six ingredients are for the Roasted Garlic Viniagrette that tops the endives.
- 4 endives, leaves separated
- 2 oranges, supremed (cut the top and bottom off, remove the rest of the peel with a knife, and cut each section out)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- For Roasted Garlic Viniagrette: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast garlic in the olive oil in a small baking dish until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender. Add vinegar, shallots, salt, and pepper. Blend.
- To assemble: Set leaves on a platter or plate. Fill each leave with one or two orange segments, some goat cheese crumbles, almond slices, and salt.
- Drizzle with viniagrette and top with chives.
- Chill before serving or serve immediately.
We loved this! I had to make it early & the cheese kind of melted into the dressing making it a creamy dressing which wasn't a bad thing. I sliced the endive into 1/2" pieces tossed it all about vs. composing the salad. Only The Picky One didn't care for it. I would use more oranges next time.