Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I decided to put the last of the wonderful Roma tomatoes from our garden to good use. This was a totally impromptu vegetarian pasta dish, thrown together from the ingredients I happened to have on hand last night
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 15 basil leaves, shreadded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add choped garlic and crushed red pepper, and saute 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add dried Italian seasoning and vegetable broth.
- Just before the broth begins to boil, add the chopped fresh tomatoes and stir.
- Drain whole wheat penne, and toss into pan with the broth and tomatoes.
- Toss pasta with the feta cheese and basil and serve.