Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Honestly, it's your typical enchiladas (kinda) with a few of my twists and kicks in there. I fixed this for my husband for the first time last night, and he said it is way better than anything you find in a restaurant somewhere. Thanks, baby!! You can take away some of hte cheese and/or cut this in half. This recipe made enough for us to have it twice and lunch. You can EASILY half this recipe, and adjust the cheese for your liking.
- 1.Brown Ground beef and chopped onion.
- 2.Drain well.
- 3.Mix in black beans 2 cups of colby jack (or whatever cheese you choose), and 1/4 of the can of enchilada sauce.
- 4.Warm the tortillas about 15 - 30 seconds in the microwave so that they will roll without tearing.
- While warming the tortillas, grease a large glass baking dish (I use 2).
- 5.Spoon the mixture into a tortilla and roll it like a burrito but with open ends.
- 6.Place the enchilada seam side down in the dish and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have used up all of the mixture.
- 7. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce and the salsa over the enchiladas, and spread it so it mostly covers everything.
- 8, Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven on 375 for about 20 minutes (until thoroughly heated). I usually let it rest about 10 minutes or so after coming out of the oven.