1/1 Photo of Enchiladas
1 hr 30 mins
debora ingram's Note:
A friend of mine gave this recipe about 15 years ago, and I made it for a Hispanic group celebration, it was a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tortillas
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if you want it hot) (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1Cook and stir hamburger in skillet over medium heat until light brown.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir onion, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper, cover.
- 4Heat remaining ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 5Reduced heat.
- 6Simmer uncover 5 minutes.
- 7Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides.
- 8Spoon about 1/4 cup hamburger mixture onto each tortilla, roll tortilla around filling.
- 9Arrange in ungreased oblong baking dish with seam side down.
- 10Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- 11Cook uncovered in 350 degrees oven, until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.2
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 2393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 47.7 g