Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My own creamy cheesy chicken creation.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut thin
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with chiles drained
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, fresh finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare Salsa by combining the tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook until slightly brown.
- Mix the cheese, sour cream, and onion in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Place chicken in a coated 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Place in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice and topped with the Salsa.