Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This comes from Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook.
Make and share this Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons green chilies, diced, divided
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 ounces reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro, thinly sliced
- Place 2 tablespoons green chiles and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low for 4 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp green chiles, muffin mix, egg substitute and bell peppers in a bowl; stir well. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
- Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Spoon casserole onto plates. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
This is great and oh so easy! I skipped the extra green chili as I used hot enchilada sauce, but otherwise made as directed for a very good and easy dinner. Thanks for sharing!