Recipe by Jeanette G
I've had many variations of this casserole and decided to come up with my own. Everytime I make it people always want the recipe. It's super easy and people WILL be asking for seconds!
- 1 -2 lb lean ground beef (depends on how meaty you want it)
- 1 (36 count) packagewhite corn tortillas
- 1 large diced white onion
- 1 large diced green bell pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large pot or deep skillet.
- When beef is halfway cooked add your onions and bell peppers.
- Also, add in your onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumino powder.
- When you are adding in your dry spices there really is no measuring because it is up to you and your taste.
- Dont forget your salt and pepper.
- Once you have finished browning your beef make sure you drain all the fat.
- Go ahead and taste the meat to see if it needs a little of this or a lot more of that!
- When you have all your spices and the taste is just right to you go ahead and add in your rotel tomatoes, corn, and your soups.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Take ½ the package of your tortillas and cut them up to the desired size you would like.
- Add them into your meat mixture.
- If your mixture is too runny then go ahead and put in more diced tortillas.
- Remember-- you dont want your mixture to be too dry.
- Once you have everything right, place your mixture in a large enough baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- When half way baked sprinkle as much cheese as you want!
- Continue to bake the remainder of the time or until the cheese is all melted and ooey gooey.
- This dish taste really good if you have some homemade guacamole and some sour cream to go on top!
- It seems that the next day this dish taste even better because the seasonings have really set in!