Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom used to work for the school cafeteria and brought this recipe home. It's wonderful. It's a family favorite.
- 1 lb ground beef, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 0.25 (4 ounce) can green chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 -6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add the next 11 ingredients.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Layer a 9x13-inch pan with quartered tortillas.
- Add about half of the meat mixture.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat steps 4-6.
- Put foil on top and bake on 350°F for 30 minute or till bubbly.
Awesome! Husband ate half of it in one sitting!! Kids loved it, too! I had most of the ingredients on hand ...except for the chiles so I used a can of Rotel. Came out fab! Will make again!
The flavor was very good; although the casserole was somewhat runny. Like another reviewer, I used corn tortillas (not crazy about flour) but the tortillas were kind of stiff and didn't cut up very easy (this is probably my fault). Overall, I think I will make this recipe again.
I made this last night for my hubby & I & we both really enjoyed it. I did use corn tortillas as I don't like flour tortillas in casseroles, too gummy. I cut the chili powder down to 2 Tbps. I added a can of black beans too. It also took longer than the 30 minutes. I cooked it for 45 minutes then took the foil off & cooked for 15 minutes more. Served it with a dollop of sour cream. Overall a good recipe to build on, thanks Donna for posting, we enjoyed it.