1/4 Photos of Emeril's Lyonnaise Potatoes
Taken from Emeril's.com; posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- 2Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cook, stirring, until the onions are caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- 8Place the pan back on the stove and melt the stick of butter.
- 9When the butter has melted, cover the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the potatoes.
- 10Cover the first layer of potatoes with 1/2 of the onions.
- 11Cover the onions with 1/3 of the potatoes.
- 12Repeat the layering until all of the potatoes and onions are used.
- 13Place the pan in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- 14Remove the pan from the oven.
- 15Using a spatula, gently lift the potatoes out of the pan.
- 16Slice the lyonnaise into 12 slices. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Lyonnaise Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 72.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g