Recipe by alligirl
Taken from Emeril's.com; posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by threeovens
I really enjoyed these potatoes. I just used ordinary russet potatoes and used a box grater to slice the potatoes thin. I also used red onion for color. I did need to salt the potatoes after they were cooked. I will certainly make these again.
- 907.18 g yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml butter
- 14.79 ml finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the onions are caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the onions to a bowl.
- Place the pan back on the stove and melt the stick of butter.
- When the butter has melted, cover the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Cover the first layer of potatoes with 1/2 of the onions.
- Cover the onions with 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Repeat the layering until all of the potatoes and onions are used.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the potatoes out of the pan.
- Slice the lyonnaise into 12 slices. Garnish with parsley.