Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This flavored coffee drink really hits the spot after a nice dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
- strong brewed coffee, hot
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- chocolate curls (optional)
- For each mug, pour 1 ounce coffee liqueur into saucer.
- Put cocoa powder on another saucer.
- Dip rim of old-fashioned or Irish coffee mug in coffee liqueur, then in cocoa.
- Add remaining coffee and almond liqueurs to mug.
- Fill mug with hot coffee, then top with whipped cream.
- Dust with additional cocoa powder and, if desired, garnish with chocolate curls.
- Makes 1 mug.
This tasted sweet, the alcohol didn't taste boozy, but the large amount of alcohol kicked my butt. There was a lot of left over cocoa on the saucer, so that 1 tablespoon will take care of at least 4 cups, if not 8. The taste combination was sensational. Thanks for posting, Lainey! Made for Photo Tag.
Wow! This is very creamy and tasty! It does have a bit of booze in it, but the alcohol was not sharp at all. As Emeril might say, "The Kahlua and Amaretto really kick this up a notch!" (or two or three..) Thanks for sharing! ~Sue
I liked the flavor of this drink a lot and I will definitely make it again with the following changes: Unless you're making many mugs of this, it's kind of a waste of cocoa because of the amount you need to pour onto the saucer to rim the mug. I wouldn't bother with the 2 saucers thing...I would just sprinkle some cocoa on top of the whipped cream. (It does look pretty on the rim, though!) Thanks for posting this nice after dinner treat. (Made for Zaar Tag) P.S. To be sure I used the right sized cup, I looked it up and an Irish Coffee mug is 8 oz. capacity.