1/3 Photos of Elswet's Rosemary Rice
This is the perfect side dish for roast chicken, shrimp scampi, or a nice roast (it works so well with pork AND beef!). If used with beef, substitute the chicken broth/bulion cubes for beef flavored ones, and pork bulion for pork. Also, if you don't have the 16-oz can of chicken broth on hand, you can substitute or 2 cups hot water with 6 (flavored to match the meat you're serving) bulion cubes melted within.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon gumbo file or 6 sassafras leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat the oil over medium high heat in a medium-sized sauce pan that has a lid.
- 2Add the rosemary, garlic, and red pepper.
- 3Then cook the green onions and parsley until soft- 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add rice, and salt, and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- 5Pour in the chicken broth and let rice cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed- 15-17 minutes.
- 6Add one cup of HOT water, add the gumbo filé [or sassafras leaves] and continue to cook until rice is done.
- 7Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in vinegar and serve hot.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elswet's Rosemary Rice
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 527.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar