Shrimp Scampi over Rice
photo by jellygirl
- Ready In:
- -While preparing the scampi, cook enough rice to feed your party.
- -Melt butter with olive oil over med low heat.
- -When foam in butter subsides, stir in garlic and cook 4 - 5 minutes (DO NOT BROWN).
- -Add shrimp and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until pink.
- -Stir in lemon juice and parsley and cook 1 more min.
- -Serve immediately over rice.
I was really disappointed with the lack of flavor. I did not have parsley on hand (crazy right!?) so I used seasoning peppers and a red bell pepper in my sauté . I am in the Caribbean so I use farm to table ingredients. I doubled the garlic cloves; the garlic seems to be not as potent here and we are HUGE garlic fans. I think I will add some garlic powder, minced garlic and onion powder as well as the fresh parsley when I cook this up again.
This was amazing! The only tweak I did was I toasted the rice (1 cup dry) in a dry pan then added 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and 1/2 cup water to cook the rice. I also added about a tablespoon of capers to the rice while it was cooking. I mixed the rice and shrimp together at the end and added a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Never left a review of a recipe before. Hate all the agreements. This was simple, fast, and good. Its Lent and i cant have meat on Friday so i had shrimp. Wanted scampi and this was with rice so yea. I used minute rice long grain and brown in microwave cup. Seriously i had dinner and was eating in 20 minutes. Simple and delish. Will use this over and over. How about capers next time... ya!!