Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Traditional pumpkin pie recipe. From Elsie's recipe box. It's labeled "from Mabe".
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts
- combine all ingredients and pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 1 hour longer.
I would love to give this at least 10 stars I've made this one for over 37 years my mother made it before me. I can't make just one pie at Thanksgiving I must make 6 to keep all the family members happy so they and have a pie to take home and leave us with 2 pies.Which my DH and DS quickly polish off.This recipe was from a booklet from the 1950s by a well known canned milk company. Even though it has a lot of different spices I can't think of with spice I would leave out.Now if I misplace the recipe I won't panic I'll have it here on zaar.Thanks again