Recipe by EliteTwig
For something different and tasty, two favourite foods combined to create a fullfilling meal with a slight kick.
Top Review by less2saw
This is a very fast and easy dish, fully satisfied my DH's appetite as he loves potatoes with his chili. The chili recipe is a quick throw together and suits this dish well. I wil also try this with hotdogs as it is so easily put together. I like a more chili pepper flavor so added some dry chili powder as well.
- 2 large baking potatoes (300g each approx)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 160 g beef mince (or Lamb)
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 30 g fajita seasoning mix (Sold in Packet)
- 200 g kidney beans, washed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, tinned with juices drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to GAS MARK 5 / 375F / 190°C.
- Wash potatoes and dry using paper towels.
- Prick potatoes using a fork 10 times on both sides and then use some of the oil and rub into the skins of the potato.
- Place potatoes onto a baking tray and then into the oven on middle shelf for approx 2 hours until skins are brown and crisp.
- 30 mins before potatoes end time, place rest of oil into a pan and heaton a medium setting, adding the Mince and Onions.
- When mince and onions are lighly browned add the Fajita spicemix, mix well for a minute or so.
- Then add Kidney beans and Chopped tomatoes, cook and stir for 5 mins and then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15mins.
- At this time Potatoes should be brown and crisp, remove from oven. Using oven gloves cut potatoes in half and scoop out potato into a bowl without tearing skin.
- Bring chilli of the heat, stir then add to bowl and mix into the potato.
- Once mixed fill the potatoe skin very generously and serve immediatley with an optional side salad.