Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- For Christmas you might want to use 1 T green sprinkles and 1 T red sprinkles.
- Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Roll or pat dough on an ungreased cookie sheet into an 8x5 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 1/2 inch squares.
- Separate the squares on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 12 minutes or until the bottoms just start to brown.
- Transfer to a wire racks covered with wax paper to cool.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Wow, did I miss something or is this a joke? I followed this recipe exactly and ended up with a crumbly floury dough that did nothing when I tried to pat it into any kind of shape. I managed to get it into somewhat squarish shapes, more through pressing because cutting wasn't working... I baked them and ended up with hot crumbly floury lumps that I ended up throwing out along with the rest of the "dough."
I made these last evening after seeing the recipe in the BH&G 1998 Christmas Cookie magazine. They were easy to make and came out oh-so-cute. This is definitely a keeper cookie recipe.
I make these every christmas and they are so delicious! The dough is abit difficult to work with but the result is well worth the effort! I could eat a whole batch by myself! LOL Thanks for posting this!