Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are different from the elephant ears you would get at the fair. These are baked in the oven, not fried. They come out nice and crispy.
- Water wash entire surface of one pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on surface.
- Roll sheet up into a coil.
- Cut coil into 12 equal pieces.
- Place sufficient granulated sugar on work surface and place one cut piece on sugar, also covering top of roll with sugar.
- With a rolling pin, roll down piece, changing direction of sheeting to keep the piece oval. Use sugar as you would dusting flour to keep from sticking. Roll approximately 7" or 8" circles.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
What a great way to use up that left over sheet of puff pastry. This recipe gives you a dozen very large, crispy and sweetly delicious cookies. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.