1/1 Photo of Elephant Ears
These are different from the elephant ears you would get at the fair. These are baked in the oven, not fried. They come out nice and crispy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Water wash entire surface of one pastry sheet.
- 2Sprinkle cinnamon on surface.
- 3Roll sheet up into a coil.
- 4Cut coil into 12 equal pieces.
- 5Place sufficient granulated sugar on work surface and place one cut piece on sugar, also covering top of roll with sugar.
- 6With a rolling pin, roll down piece, changing direction of sheeting to keep the piece oval. Use sugar as you would dusting flour to keep from sticking. Roll approximately 7" or 8" circles.
- 7Place on parchment paper lined baking pan.
- 8Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Facts for Elephant Ears
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g