- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a medium frying pan, lightly brown garlic in butter over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Place onion slices on bottom of pan under chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; pour wine or water over chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to serving plates and keep warm.
- Add sour cream to pan drippings and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes until warm but not boiling.
- Spoon over chicken.