Easy but Elegant Chicken Supreme
photo by ciao4293
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 7 teaspoons flour, divided
- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, cut into strips
- In a shallow bowl or on a paper plate, combine the bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp of flour; dip chicken into egg, making sure all sides are coated, then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Repeat process, being sure to cover the chicken entirely.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, combine the margarine and oil.
- Heat over a medium heat until the margarine is bubbly and hot.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, until both sides are lightly browned and chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- To the same skillet add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of flour and stir quickly to combine.
- Add broth and wine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and top evenly with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for something tasty and saw this on the message board. I had all of the ingredients on hand and the recipe was easy for the very good results! This is definately a great easy recipe!Had a pretty good quality wine on hand and the sauce came out quite complex. Family gave it two thumbs up and raved about it. thanks for a tasty easy recipe!
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"