1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1037783's Note:
This recipe is the best broccoli dish that your family will ever put in their mouths. My three sons, now grown, loved this casserole and asked for it often. I've included chicken in the recipe but, but it is unbelieveable with or without!! Enjoy and let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter (oleo)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Stove Top stuffing mix
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 30 -40 ounces frozen broccoli
- 8 tablespoons butter (oleo)
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 8 -10 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded mild or medium)
- 1Cook stuffing mix, using the amount of water as mentioned above.
- 2Steam broccoli and set aside for 2-3 three minutes.
- 3Press stuffing in bottom and up sides of 9x12 pan.
- 4Place the cooked chicken over the stuffing.
- 5Layer steamed broccoli over chicken.
- 6Melt butter, add flour and whisk til smooth (30 seconds). Add bouillon and milk and cook, whisking til thick. Add cream cheese and onions, whisk.
- 7Pour over layered casserole, sprinkle shredded cheddar and cover with foil.
- 8Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes, remove foil and cook 10 additional minutes.
- 9Remember, without chicken makes this a fantastic side dish that everyone will love. With chicken makes a great main dish with the veggies. Yummmmm!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.1
- Calories from Fat 600
- Total Fat 66.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 1974.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 40.2 g