Recipe by donliz
This recipe is the best broccoli dish that your family will ever put in their mouths. My three sons, now grown, loved this casserole and asked for it often. I've included chicken in the recipe but, but it is unbelieveable with or without!! Enjoy and let me know what you think.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter (oleo)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Stove Top stuffing mix
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 30 -40 ounces frozen broccoli
- 8 tablespoons butter (oleo)
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 8 -10 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded mild or medium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook stuffing mix, using the amount of water as mentioned above.
- Steam broccoli and set aside for 2-3 three minutes.
- Press stuffing in bottom and up sides of 9x12 pan.
- Place the cooked chicken over the stuffing.
- Layer steamed broccoli over chicken.
- Melt butter, add flour and whisk til smooth (30 seconds). Add bouillon and milk and cook, whisking til thick. Add cream cheese and onions, whisk.
- Pour over layered casserole, sprinkle shredded cheddar and cover with foil.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes, remove foil and cook 10 additional minutes.
- Remember, without chicken makes this a fantastic side dish that everyone will love. With chicken makes a great main dish with the veggies. Yummmmm!