2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste, crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- 3Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. B.
- 4ake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 5Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat almond paste, sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- 6Add 2 eggs; beat until well blended (mixture may be slightly lumpy).
- 7Spread almond paste mixture over partially baked base.
- 8Sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds.
- 9Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until filling is set (filling will puff up during baking).
- 10Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 11In 1-quart heavy saucepan, melt white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 12Pour and spread over cooled bars.
- 13Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- 14Let stand about 30 minutes or until topping is set.
- 15For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- 16Store covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Almond Bars (Cookie Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 79.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix