Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste, crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces white chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. B.
- ake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat almond paste, sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Add 2 eggs; beat until well blended (mixture may be slightly lumpy).
- Spread almond paste mixture over partially baked base.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until filling is set (filling will puff up during baking).
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, melt white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Pour and spread over cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Let stand about 30 minutes or until topping is set.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered at room temperature.