Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have to share this one with mom. She also canned our wild elderberries for jellie.
- 2 quarts elderberries
- vinegar, to cover
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook elderberries in vinegar until berries burst.
- Put berries through a food press or sieve, add sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and pepper. Simmer until thickens.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Process as directed by manufacture.