Recipe by ElaineAnn
There are many "ribbons" here on Zaar, but I've browsed them, and this is different. The addition of pie filling to the red layer changes the texture. You can lighten it up using sugar-free Jell-O and lite mayo and Cool Whip. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1 1/4 cup boiling water over cherry Jell-O. Stir until dissolved. Stir in cherry pie filling. Pour into 13 x 9 glass pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over lime Jell-O. Stir until dissolved. Stir in pineapple with juice. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, but not set, about 30 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and Cool Whip. Gradually stir pineapple mixture into Cool Whip mixture. Pour over cherry layer.
- Chill until set.