1/2 Photos of Elaine's Cheese Pie Royale
2 hrs 20 mins
My dear MIL always made this cheese cake for special occasions. According to my FIL, when they were dating (1955), she took him out to see her home town, Chicago, and they stopped for cheese cake at the Marshall Fields on State Street. He enjoyed it immensely, she won his heart, and they were married. When Marshall Fields stopped baking their cheese cake she searched until she found a recipe that came close. This is the result, and it is a family tradition. We call it "The Way-to-a-Texas-Boy's-Heart Cheese Cake." (Cooking time includes chill time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all engredients at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Make graham crackers into crumbs by placing ia plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- 5Combine cracker crumbs, melted butter and 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- 6Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- 8In a mixing bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- 9Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
- 10Add cream cheese a little at a time, beating between each addition until smooth.
- 11Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- 12Pour filling into crust.
- 13Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- 14Bake for 20 minutes.
- 17Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- 18Combine sour cream, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- 19Spread topping over baked filling.
- 20Bake for 5 minutes.
- 21Place in refrigerator to cool.
- 23Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elaine's Cheese Pie Royale
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.4
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 360.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g