Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an FFA/HERO cookbook. We love Mexican food in our house and I'm open to trying new ones all the time. This one is delicious with the cottage cheese and green chilies.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 (3 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, stirring until crumbly.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt and powder, tomato sauce, catsup and olives, mixing well.
- Simmer until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese and chili pepper in small bowl.
- Layer tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, sour cream mixture and Monterey Jack cheese alternately in large greased casserole, ending with grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with picante sauce.
This looks crazy good!! can't wait to try it.. Thank you so much for sharing!!!