This recipe was originally a 5 Factor recipe that my husband and I spruced up. It is intensely hot (we both cry like babies when we eat it).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large poblano peppers (also called pasillas in some parts of the country)
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
- cooking spray
- 4 -5 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Cholula Hot Sauce Original)
- salt and pepper
- part-skim mozzarella shredded cheese
- French bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 slices per person)
- pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to Broil.
- 2Place poblanos on baking sheet and put under broiler. **YOU WILL HAVE TO WATCH THESE** Keep the door cracked and don't walk away. Rotate the poblanos every couple of seconds, until they are evenly blackened (the goal is to evenly blacken the skin without burning the meat of the pepper).
- 3As soon as the poblanos are blackened, wrap them in a towel, and set aside on a plate until they have cooled.
- 4Peel the skin off. **It helps if you do this under running water.
- 5Cut off the tops and remove the seeds. Cut poblanos into strips.
- 6Coat skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey until no longer pink.
- 7Add black beans, tomato paste, cumin, Splenda, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- 8Add in poblanos, Cholula, rice and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir well.
- 9Place on top of bread slices (a la open faced sandwich).
- 10Top with jalapenos to taste, and a hefty handful of cheese.
- 11Microwave until the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Diablo (Chile Rellenos With Brown Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 590.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g