Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up when we were having fish. Everyone loved it, and it has been used ever since. Easy to make. I use a plastic spoon to serve so as not to have the acid in the salad cause the taste to change when a metal spoon is used.
- 1⁄2 ripe papaya, cut into small chunks
- 1 mango, cut into small chunks
- 2 -3 slices fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 1 scallion, cut into small pieces along with green stalks
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno (cut in half, remove seeds and white veins to remove heat)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 fresh limes or 1⁄2-1 lemon, juiced
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 pinch salt (or to your taste)
- Put all into a bowl except oil and lemon.
- Add the 1/2-1 Fresh lime or lemon juice squeezed over all.
- Add approximately 1-2 TBL of olive oil.
- Let flavors meld for at least 1 hour. You can refrigerate or not.
- Eileen Baker.