Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another one of my Mom-in-law's recipe's from the 60's. Easy and tasty!!
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chicken or 2 (5 ounce) cans turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- French fried onion rings
- salt and pepper
- Drain mushrooms.
- Mix everything except onion rings.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes.
- Put onion rings on top.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
I love this recipe! I've made it for years. I think I first saw it in a book by Jane and Michael Stern. I usually cook a chicken and use 1 1/2 to 2 cups instead of using canned chicken. Fabulous!
Tasty! I haven't made this in ages, but my husband was talking about this just yesterday. I think I'll be making this again very soon. Just as a side note, you may add black pepper to taste, but I don't think any added salt is necessary.