Jean's Crustless Salmon Broccoli Quiche
This recipe comes from my mom-in-law's neighbor, Jean. I think it may fall into the "impossible pie" category. The original recipe called for Bisquick but I used The Master Mix (recipe #45055). Serve with a green salad for brunch, lunch or supper. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick (or Recipezaar Master Mix homemade baking mix substitute $notetemplate1$)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (213 g) cans sockeye salmon, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- In a frying pan, saute onion and broccoli in olive oil until slightly softened.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Bisquick or Master Mix, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Add salmon and cheese to egg mixture. Stir well.
- Add onions and broccoli to mixture. Stir well.
- Pour all into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the quiche comes out clean. If the quiche is browning too quickly, cover with foil.