Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
This came from a Woman's Day magazine, a fun way to serve dessert! This is a blast for kids to help with too!
- 4 slices homemade or frozen French toast
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 pint low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves in light syrup, reserve syrup
- Toast French toast as directed on package, or make your own.
- When cool, put on serving plates.
- Using an ice cream spade (not scoop), top each slice toast with frozen yogurt.
- You want a flat slice of ice cream, not a mound.
- Make 2 shallow depressions in yogurt with back of a spoon.
- Place apricot halves in depressions.
- Spoon apricot syrup over"eggs".
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- *Note;Cook time is an estimate.
This was so much fun to make and a real treat. I used homemade French toast and the frozen vanilla yogurt. Made for Healthy Choices ABC tag game for National Frozen Yogurt Day.
This is great, this should be posted under a April Fools joke-I brought this over to my Mom-in-Law and she actually DID think it was poached egg on toast-of course I brought this over at breakfast! Did use vanilla ice cream instead of frozen yogurt, couldn't play a joke on my eldest DS-he doesn't eat poached eggs and knows me better than that!