1/4 Photos of Eggs Benedict Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This casserole tastes exactly like Eggs Benedict without the last-minute struggle. Just assemble the English muffins, Canadian bacon (or ham) and eggs like a strata and refrigerate it overnight, then all you have to do in the morning is microwave the Easy Microwave Hollandaise Sauce Easy Hollandaise Sauce to pour on top (I like to double the sauce recipe for this casserole, as it's so yummy!). Granted, the eggs are not poached, but the flavor is just as awesome. Serve Eggs Benedict Casserole with fresh strawberries, orange juice and coffee. Great for Mother's Day, or other morning feast. From the newspaper. Note: Be careful not to overcook. If using a glass dish, you may want to reduce the baking temp to 350 degrees F, or reduce the cook time slightly. Ovens vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut muffins into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside. Cut Canadian bacon into 1/2-inch squares. Set aside. Whisk the eggs well in a 2-quart bowl. Whisk in milk and onion powder.
- 2Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking oil spray. Scatter half the Canadian bacon evenly in bottom of dish. Scatter muffin cubes on top of Canadian bacon. Top with the remaining Canadian bacon, scattering it evenly over the bread. Pour egg mixture over the casserole. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours, to let bread absorb egg mixture.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove casserole from refrigerator and uncover it. Lightly sprinkle the paprika evenly over the top. Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, remove foil, return dish to the oven and continue to bake, uncovered, until the eggs are set and the bacon on top begins to crisp, about 20 minutes more. Remove the casserole from oven and let it stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 4While casserole bakes, make Easy Hollandaise Sauce (see my Easy Hollandaise Sauce). To serve, cut casserole into squares and place them on plates. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (or to taste) warm Hollandaise Sauce over each serving just before serving.
- 5Makes 10 servings.
- 6NOTE: Time does not reflect refrigeration time of at least 8 hours, nor standing time of 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Benedict Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 634.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: