Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Based on a recipe from Bon Appetit. Very easy but impressive looking and tasting.
Make and share this Eggplant Salad With Miso Ginger Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large Japanese eggplants, cut lengthwise into 6 slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler or barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Whisk rice vinegar, miso paste, basil, ginger, garlic, red pepper together. Gradually add in vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until golden and just tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Toss the greens with just enough dressing to coat. Divide among 4 plates, top with eggplant and drizzle remaining dressing.
Delightful flavors! Combining the soy, miso and ginger was distinctive and enjoyable. Thank you so much for posting a wonderful recipe that will be used again in my kitchen!
Hello Pimienta, what a lovely tasting dish! Thank you so much for posting it! Went to a friends house and since she knows I love eggplant she made it this way, as a surprise. I enjoyed the freshness of the soy, miso and ginger(Ana did not use the basil, as she knows I don't like it)it was delicious anyway!! We made a meal of it with some Thai-inspired cellophane noodles, very impressive. Again, thank you, Diane :=)