Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
ive got a bunch of different eggplant casserole .this on is from sally grosserode made with chicken broth and bread cubes i am modifing recipe as per mrs odneals suggestions
- 4 cups eggplants
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cheese, chwddar
- peel cube and cook eggplant in salted water 10 minutes
- mix everything but 1/2 cup cheese inches.
- add drained eggplant.
- spray baking dish with pam
- pour in mixed ingrediets bake 25 minutes in 350 degree oven
- put cheese on top bake 20 minutes more or until hot and melted.
I LOVED it! Easy, simple ingredients and even the kiddos loved it! :) Only thing I changed was that I doubled the amount of cheese, and mixed half in with the eggplant and the other half went on top for melting! Thanks!