Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 cups eggplants, sliced thin
- 10 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 16 ounces low-carb spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute lean ground beef in frying pan with mushrooms, garlic, onion, celery and Italian seasonings. Fry until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess oil and remove. Peel eggplant and slice it very thin.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 glass baking dish with olive oil on bottom and sides. Layer half the eggplant on bottom of pan. Sprinkle eggplant with additional Italian seasoning if desired. Layer half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce and half of the provolone (lasagne style). Repeat layering with remaining eggplant, meat, sauce and provolone.
- Spread mozzarella over the top of the casserole, cover with foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until done, taking foil off last 5-10 minutes to brown.