This is a fabulous Bhaji recipe that I make :) I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant
- oil, for frying the seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black gram dal
- 2/3 teaspoon black mustard seeds or 2/3 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 red chilies, roughly chopped (alternatively, you can use green chiles)
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1First you will need to grill or roast your eggplant.
- 2Remove the skin, and then mash the eggplant and set aside (keep warm).
- 3Sometimes I keep my oven relatively warm and put the eggplant in there to keep it warm.
- 4Heat your oil, and add the black gram dhal, mustard seeds, chiles, and asafoetida one at a time, and allow to splutter.
- 5Once this occurs, pour seasoning over mashed eggplant, and season with salt and sugar.
- 6Add grated coconut and chopped onion, and mix together.
- 7SERVE & ENJOY! :).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Bhaji
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black gram dal