Recipe by Mom2Rose
Do you love eggnog? Get your fix munching on easy-to-make buttery cookies flavored with rum extract and nutmeg.
Top Review by jill kemp
OOOOOO!! these were fabulous....you must use good fresh nutmeg...my cookie press broke halfway, so we rolled the dough in small balls and pressed a pecan in each then baked....the flavor of these is heavenly....
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, 1 teaspoon extract and the nutmeg until soft dough forms.
- Fit cookie press with desired template.
- Fill cookie press with cookie dough; press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and 1/4 teaspoon extract until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar.