Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
From "Denver Post." I love that's there's eggnog in the frosting, too. These travel well and are showy enough for gifts. Note: you can chill the dough in a log shape and slice and bake. If you omit the nutmeg these taste more like a sweet vanilla cookie.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 -2 food coloring
- mini chocolate chip
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter.
- 2Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until mixture is creamy (1-2 minutes).
- 3Add 1/3 cup eggnog, egg, and vanilla extract.
- 4Continue beating until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- 5Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- 6Beat until dough is well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- 7Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap.
- 8Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 9Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 10Roll out dough, one half at a time, on a lightly floured work surface to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- 11Cut out cookies with 3-4 inch snowman cookie cutter.
- 12Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet (I use silipat mat).
- 13Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- 14Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 15Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix all frosting ingredients until creamy.
- 16Frost snowmen with white frosting.
- 17Use the tinted frosting to decorate the cookies as desired.
- 18Add min chips for eyes and buttons.
- 19For a wavy effect, pipe tinted frosting in parallel lines.
- 20Drag a toothpick through frosting before it sets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Snowman Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 148.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g