(Don't Eat The) Yellow Snowman Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- decorative candies, as desired for eyes and buttons
- miniature chocolate chip, for eyes
- any colorful tiny round candy sprinkles, for buttons
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; beat until well mixed.
- Place coconut in shallow bowl.
- For each cookie, use a cookie dough scoop to shape a 1-1/2-inch ball for the body, and a melon baller to shape a 1/2-inch ball for the head.
- Roll each ball in coconut; place on ungreased cookie sheet with smaller ball touching larger ball.
- Place cookies 1-1/2-inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown.
- Immediately press eyes into head and buttons down the front of the snowman's body for each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool, taking care not to let the head separate from the body!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I live in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina, and love it. Having been a writer, editor and graphic designer for years, I am now pursuing my great love - helping people write their life stories - as a personal historian. My family's heritage is Dutch (parents, siblings and myself born and raised in the Grand Rapids/ Holland/ Zeeland areas of Michigan), so I am always looking for recipes, as well as other ideas, related to the Netherlands."
Join The Conversation
These are great cookies. I saw the lemon cake mix with coconut, and knew it was for me.....and I am HAPPY! I just made normal sized cookies, and rolled them in the coconut, but didnt put them together for a snowman. THe are very sweet and have a crunchy, but soft texture. I will definetely make these again. THanks for sharing!
Everyone knows you shouldn't eat yellow snow, but kids and grownups alike will get a kick out of making an exception in this case. This is an original recipe, developed with love to celebrate the snow on my son's January birthday! Quick, easy and fun to make on a snowy day, lemon cake mix is a shortcut to tangy cookies that look as sweet as they taste. These snowmen will disappear even faster than the fellas outdoors!