1/1 Photo of Eggnog Shorties
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Another Christmas favourite. I make Chocolate Almond Crisps whenever I make these, to use up the egg whites, and because they make such a good contrast to these rich and buttery morsels. Not for dieters, but oh-so-good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the flour, nutmeg and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the egg yolks and the extracts.
- 4Stir in the flour.
- 5Use a melon baller to scoop out cookies to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Press them into a cross-hatch pattern with a wet fork.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 8Let cool completely before icing- cream the butter, and mix in the icing sugar and rum.
- 9Spread onto the cookies with a knife.
- 10Sprinkle the iced cookies with a little nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Shorties
Serving Size: 1 (1161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g