Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Poundcake that tastes like eggnog.
Make and share this Eggnog Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Beat sugar, butter, rum, vanilla, and egg yolks in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg alternately with milk on low speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
I made this for dessert. It is DELICIOUS! I did tweek it just a tad, though. It's an "eggnog" pound cake, so I just HAD to add a bit of eggnog. I added 1/4 cup eggnog, and then 1/2 cup of milk. Wonderful, everyone enjoyed it!