Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I just got this from a friend in an email X-mas greeting.
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups dairy eggnog
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- unbaked 9-inch pie crust, baked
- whipped cream
- Cook mix as directed on package for pie filling, except using 2 cups eggnog and 1 1/4 cups milk.
- Stir in rum and nutmeg; pour into crust.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; chill several hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.
Mirjam, this is a fabulous dessert! I served it for Christmas yesterday and it was so good that everyone wanted seconds! I only made one pie, though, so I had to disapoint them. The filling is like chilled custard. It's semi-soft, rich and creamy. The egg nog flavor, especially the rum flavor, comes strongly through. I used Bacardi white rum and a store-bought pie crust and I chilled it overnight. It was totally delicious! People who like egg nog will love this pie!