Recipe by TeksGlutes
Another one for my "to bake" list. I got this off of a great blog cupcakeproject.com
Top Review by JAG0913
The frosting is SOOOO good. Especially if you like coffee. I thought that the coffee flavor of the frosting overwhelmed the eggnog cupcake but it was still so good how could you complain! Thanks!
- 946.36 ml cake flour (not self-rising)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 414.03 ml eggnog
- 59.14 ml dark rum
- 236.59 ml chilled whipping cream
- 226.79 g mascarpone
- 9.85 ml coffee extract
- 59.14 ml ground coffee
- 473.18-709.77 ml confectioners' sugar (depending upon how thick you prefer frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- The Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line twenty-four 1/2-cup muffin cups with paper liners.
- Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat in vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and with mixer on low speed beat in eggnog and rum until just combined.
- Add flour mixture in 3 batches, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes.
- The Frosting:.
- Whip up whipping cream in mixer until soft peaks begin to form.
- Fold in mascarpone, coffee extract, and coffee grinds.
- Then while mixing over low speed, slowly add the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time, being careful not to over whip frosting.