Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
"What a delectable treat for Eggnog lovers everywhere! These cookies have a wonderful spicy aroma and are great tasting. The fragrance of nutmeg and cinnamon will infuse your home with holiday spirit as you bake these cookies. They make delicious gifts and are a welcome addition to cookie exchanges. "
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
Two years later, I had to come back and re-review these cookies because of the memory of their wonderful flavor! I used Pumpkinhead's method with a #40 cookie scoop to make them round and sprinkled them with a "pinch" of red and green sugar to make them festive. My kids ate so many, I had to make a second batch for my church's cookie exchange! Marvelous! Thanks RecipeNut.
I cut the recipe in half but still accidently used 2 egg yolks. I also used half butter, half margerine, and kept the cinnamon the same (I like cinnamon). Still tasted excellent. I found that it was more difficult to remove the cookies from the sheet the cooler they got. I don't know if it is from my inexperience/ineptitude as a baker, or if it is b/c the cookie sheets i use are rather old (yeah, that's it... blame the cookware ;-)). Anyway, excellent cookies, even my chocolate-loving family likes them.
I thought these had a good flavor but a bit too much nutmeg. I would cut it to 1/2 tsp rather than the full tsp. and maybe increase the cinnamon instead but were very good if you love eggnog!