Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came out of an old cookbook and is the recipe we use to make this potent nog!
- 1 dozen egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups Bourbon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 quart milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 pints heavy cream
- Beat together the egg yoks and salt in a large mixing bowl, slowly adding 1-1/2 C of the sugar. Continnue beating until thick and pale.
- Stir in the bourbon, rum, milk, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy and slowly add the remaining 3/4 C sugar, continuing to beat until stiff and all the sugar has been incorporated.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Now fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture; then fold in the whipped cream. Taste and add more bourbon and/or sugar if necessary. Chill.
- Pour into a punch bowl and sprinkle the top with nutmeg.