Recipe by Stay in the Bay NZ
I found this on another site on the internet, we printed off quite a few egg nog recipes and this seemed to be the one that appealed the most, it was yummy
Top Review by Poollman
This was my first time making homemade eggnog. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Even my wife, who HATES eggnog loved it. My kids went nuts. It turns out nice and thick, although not as thick as some of the store bought eggnogs. It was quick and easy to make too.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (you can use splenda instead, doesn't make much difference to flavour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum (Coruba or Captain Morgan is best for flavour, but Black Heart is OK)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.
- Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar or splenda, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Turn the mixer off and pour into large chilled jug. Stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving.
- Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.