Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You wouldnt know that this tasty egg salad substitue was good for you! This healthy alternative can fool almost anyone. Everytime I make it my boyfriend gobbles it down unknowingly :)
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- vegan mayonnaise or mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mash Tofu into a chunky texture, similar to that of egg salad.
- Add Mayo to desired consistancy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve on bread or pitas, with lettuce, tomato, cheese or veg.
- cheese if desired.
Yum! I made this vegan and it was wonderful. I did add about 2T of sweet pickle relish, some garlic salt, some Lawrys salt and some bay seasoning. This makes a lot of food! We ate it on wheat bread with banana peppers today, but I think I will serve it in tomatoes tomorrow for lunch. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Simple and good.
Very good. I added some cider vinegar to give it more tang but that was the only change I made.