Eggless Egg Salad
photo by Yosemite Chef
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry of all excess moisture
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Slice one-third of the tofu and mash in a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients in whatever order you wish.
- I like to slice and cube the remaining tofu so it resembles the egg salad I grew up with: kind of chunky with the yolks fully incorporated.
- Enjoy on rye bread or on crispy crackers.
- Bon appetite!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Like so many others, I am a busy Mom and Grandma! Writing and cooking are my passions! Yosemite is where I go to unwind, cook, paint, and write. This summer I took the plunge and started a gourmet chili business! As if I didn't have enough to do!!! <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>