Recipe by brithebaker
a nice treat with no eggs. I have very successfully substituted pumpkin and mashed squash for the sweet potato.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 2⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the first dry five ingredients (with flaxseed, if using).
- Mix the remaining three ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stir until mixed.
- Drop onto a well greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly (they don't spread out that much since they don't have butter or margarine) or spread into a well greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes for cookies, around 30 for cookie bars (I like them nice and crunchy, bake for less time if you like them soft).