This is an adaptation to a recipe on this site...only I didn't have any eggs. Wasn't sure if it would taste any good, but they are great! Very soft and moist.
- mix together peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and margarine until well blended.
- add rest of ingredients, and mix well til totally combined.
- form dough into balls about 1/4 inch in size, and place on ungreased cookie sheet, mark top of balls with fork.
- heat in 375 degree oven for 8-10 min.
- wait a minute, then transfer to wire rack, cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.
absolutely yum! ...don't miss the egg at all especially while "sampling" the dough! I used 1/4 cup shortening and 1/4 cup margarine in place of 1/2 cup margarine and added about 1/8 cup extra peanut butter while mixing all the ingredients to help keep the dough from crumbling; also greased the baking sheets. Tasty treat as is and would be complimented by topping with a little peanut butter or an icing or a chocolate kiss. No more egg in my pbc's, I'd rather eat the chicken (if had to choose)! I Thank God for you Meg running out of eggs :-).
Great Recipe! I did have to add about 1/2 cup Rice Milk, otherwise way too dry. Cookies came out moist. I also substituted 1/4 cup Agave Syrup instead of the granulated sugar (we are tying to decrease the sugar intake in our diets), and still came out really sweet. Also used Coconut Oil instead of butter...just fabulous! I added a dark chocolate morsel on half of the batch for the "adults" in the family. Thanks for this recipe, will use it again...for certain!!!
great, easy recipe! Cookies turned out a little dry. I added about 3 tbsp cream (because that's what I had on hand) and they turned out much softer. Yummy!