Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adaptation to a recipe on this site...only I didn't have any eggs. Wasn't sure if it would taste any good, but they are great! Very soft and moist.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- mix together peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and margarine until well blended.
- add rest of ingredients, and mix well til totally combined.
- form dough into balls about 3/4 inch in size, and place on ungreased cookie sheet, mark top of balls with fork.
- heat in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minute.
- wait a minute, then transfer to wire rack, cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.
Amazing! I didn't have any eggs and wasn't gonna risk anyone's life by driving drunk to get any. These turned out yum as hell! I think I even like them better than the egg ones I've made. I changed the amount to 6 cookies cause I'm already fat so I didn't need more than that.
These were so good! After reading some of the other reviews saying the dough was a bit dry, I went ahead and tossed in a small banana while creaming together the sugars and butters and it worked a treat. (This is something I did a lot to replace eggs in vegan baking.) There was only self-rising flour in the cupboard, so I just omitted the baking powder. Will make these again!
absolutely yum! ...don't miss the egg at all especially while "sampling" the dough! I used 1/4 cup shortening and 1/4 cup margarine in place of 1/2 cup margarine and added about 1/8 cup extra peanut butter while mixing all the ingredients to help keep the dough from crumbling; also greased the baking sheets. Tasty treat as is and would be complimented by topping with a little peanut butter or an icing or a chocolate kiss. No more egg in my pbc's, I'd rather eat the chicken (if had to choose)! I Thank God for you Meg running out of eggs :-).