This recipe comes from 'The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook' by Gloria Bley Miller at the request of a Zaar member.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat stock; then stir in salt and soy sauce.
- 2Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
- 3Then stir in to thicken.
- 4Spoon sauce over each omelet; or serve hot in a side dish as a dip.
- 6In step 1, add to the stock 1/4 teaspoon sugar, a dash of pepper, and either 1 Tablespoon peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil.
- 7Or add 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce (omit the salt).
- 8Or add 1 Tablespoon catsup and/or 2 teaspoons sherry (increase soy sauce to 1 Tablespoon).
- 9Omit soy sauce in step 1, and add it instead to step 2, increasing it to 1 Tablespoon and blending it with the cornstarch.
- 10Also blend in 1 teaspoon molasses or dark corn syrup.
- 11Omit the water.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Foo Yung Sauce 1
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: